Christmas Trees In Edmonds, WA, And Surrounding Areas
Transporting And Setting Up Your Tree Safely
Before you set out on your tree-hunting adventure in the enchanting landscapes of Edmonds, let’s make sure you’re armed with the knowledge to transport and set up your tree safely. Follow these steps to ensure your tree arrives home in perfect condition:
- Measure Twice, Cut Once: Measure the height of your ceiling and the available space for the tree to avoid surprises later.
- Secure The Haul: When transporting your tree, ensure it’s well-secured to your vehicle to prevent damage during transit. Bungee cords and twine can be your best friends here.
- Trim And Test: Once you bring your tree home, trim the trunk by an inch to help it absorb water more efficiently. Give it a gentle shake to remove any loose needles.
- Sturdy Base Matters: Invest in a sturdy tree stand that’s appropriate for the size of your tree. A wobbly tree is not just a decoration hassle but also a safety risk.
Watering And Maintaining Your Tree's Freshness
Maintaining the freshness and vibrancy of your Christmas tree in Edmonds, WA is essential to enjoy its beauty throughout the holiday season. Here’s how you can ensure your tree remains as fresh as the day it was cut:
- Hydration Is Key: Your tree is thirsty! Make sure the tree stand’s reservoir is always filled with water. A freshly cut tree can drink up to a gallon of water on its first day.
- Location Matters: Place your tree away from heat sources like radiators and fireplaces, as heat can accelerate needle shedding.
- Trimming Ritual: Trim any low-hanging branches that might be submerged in water, as they can decay and cause water to become stagnant.
- Be Mindful Of Ornaments: Heavy ornaments can stress branches, leading to faster needle drop. Distribute ornaments evenly across the tree.
Eco-Conscious Disposal After The Holidays
As the holiday festivities wind down, the question of what to do with your Christmas tree arises. Embrace your eco-conscious side and explore these sustainable disposal options:
- Mulching Magic: Turn your tree into nutrient-rich mulch by chipping it. This mulch can be used in your garden to enrich the soil.
- Fish Friendliness: If you have a pond, sinking your tree can provide a habitat for fish, creating a natural refuge.
- Community Recycling: Many communities offer tree recycling programs that turn trees into wood chips for parks and trails.
- Crafting Corner: Salvage branches for DIY projects like bird feeders, coasters, or even small furniture pieces.
Let Us Help Make Your Holiday Season Great!
Thank you for a wonderful Christmas tree season!
Come see us in 2022!
Our trees are cut 5 days prior to delivery to ensure our trees are fresh.
We’ll have nobles, Fraser, nordman, grand, and Douglas fir – in all sizes.